Thursday, February 4, 2010

Willing and Obedient

Isaiah 1:16-20
(16) Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
(17) Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
(18) Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
(19) If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
(20) But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

The key to pleasing God is to operate both being willing AND being obedient.
I have seen folks that are willing but are not obedient.
I have seen folks that are not willing but are obedient.
They key to having the blessing of God and getting to eat the GOOD of the land is to operate both, I want to be on the edge of my seat during preaching, the most willing to praise God, excited with a smile to bring my tithes and offerings to the house of God, and shout the loudest Amen in the Church, but along with that willingness, I must obey God. This is where the promise comes to fruition, then I can be assured by the promise of God's Holy Word: I will eat the good of the land. But most of all, I will be pleasing Him, which should be the intent of the child of God above all else.



No comments:

Post a Comment